Wednesday, October 14, 2009

And we're off and running

Tomorrow I am leaving! I fly out of Regina at 10:55am and will land in Sofia at 1:20pm Friday! I was just talking to mom and we're not 100% sure what to expect. Here are the things we know:
  1. When our flights are, there and back
  2. That we will be coming back with one more suitcase and one more body!

Yup that's about it! We don't know when we're picking up Aiden, we don't know where we are staying, we don't know how long we are going to stay in any location, we don't know what exactly we are doing. But surprisingly this isn't putting a lot of stress on either mom or I. We are both very excited to go and those other minor details aren't a big deal.

Reading this I seem so calm... I am now but 3 hours ago I was feeling anything but calm. We were trying to get our tickets in order, we couldn't find mom, I didn't know how I was going to get to the airport, and I was VERY determined that I was going to be leaving tomorrow as I had to take some time off work and the last thing I wanted to do was to have to take more time off work. This trip works out really well as far as work goes. They are more than happy to let me give my 3 scheduled shifts away and I will be back a day and a half before my 24 hour shifts start! God is Good, his timing is perfect!

O boy I should be going... no time to sit here and type... I'll see you all in a week!

1 comment:

LeAnna (and David) said...

I'm so excited for your family! I pray you have an amazing trip and that it all goes smoothly.