Monday, July 25, 2011
Sunday, July 10, 2011
8 cups rhubarb, chopped into small pieces
2 tbsp cornstarch
2-3 cups frozen or fresh strawberries
¼ cup flour
2/3 cup splenda or sugar
Topping (I made a double batch as the topping is my FAVOURITE!)
1 ¼ cups rolled oats, not instant
½ cup brown sugar (I used the Splenda substitute)
4 tbsp flour
2 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp melted butter or margarine
In a large bowl, mix the rhubarb with the cornstarch. Add the strawberries, flour and sugar Mix well. Pour into a 9 X 13 inch baking dish. I spray the baking dish with Pam beforehand.
Into the empty bowl, mix together all of the topping ingredients. Spread the topping over the filling that is in the baking dish. Bake at 375 degrees F for 40 to 50 minutes until the filling is bubbly and the topping is brown. If the topping is browning too quickly, lower the temperature of the oven to 350 degrees.
Today I went to Church with Mom and the kidos and I got some free rhubarb! I haven't had a chance to do any canning freezing etc. yet this spring/summer so I thought this would be the perfect time to start. So Tonight I made up a batch of this jam. It is VERY sweet and VERY yummy!
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb (about 1 1/3 lbs)
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 3/4 cup water
- shopping list
- 1 small package sugar-Free strawberry or raspberry Jell-O (4-serving size)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- In a large saucepan or stockpot, stir together the fresh rhubarb and Splenda.
- Bring the rhubarb, Splenda and water to a boil over medium heat.
- Simmer, stirring, for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in Jell-O powder and lemon juice.
- Keep refrigerated.