Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sugar Free Strawberry and Rhubarb Jam

Today I went to Church with Mom and the kidos and I got some free rhubarb! I haven't had a chance to do any canning freezing etc. yet this spring/summer so I thought this would be the perfect time to start. So Tonight I made up a batch of this jam. It is VERY sweet and VERY yummy!

  • Ingredients
  • 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb (about 1 1/3 lbs)
  • 1 cup Splenda granular
  • 3/4 cup water
  • shopping list
  • 1 small package sugar-Free strawberry or raspberry Jell-O (4-serving size)
  • 2 tsp lemon juice

  • Directions:
  • In a large saucepan or stockpot, stir together the fresh rhubarb and Splenda.
  • Bring the rhubarb, Splenda and water to a boil over medium heat.
  • Simmer, stirring, for 15 minutes.
  • Remove from heat, and stir in Jell-O powder and lemon juice.
  • Keep refrigerated.

No comments: