Sunday, March 9, 2008

Bands and Birthdays

Hey everyone!
So right now I’m sitting in the Calgary airport, I’ve been here for about 5 hours and I have another 1 ½ hours to go so I figured now would be a good time to update you on my life... then I realized I have no internet so I’m typing this out and later in I’ll post it when I have the net again.
So let’s pick up where I left off... February 22-24 was Youth Quake, a huge youth conference held at Briercrest. I got the opportunity to help out lots during the weekend, which was nice but it would have been ok to have a bit of time to do stuff too... maybe next year! Volunteering gave me the opportunity to meet most of the “famous” people, so that was cool!

Then on February 29th I got to fly home for reading break! It was so wonderful to be home... but getting home wasn’t as easy as I though it would be. Thursday night I was in my room packing and trying to clean it up (hahahahaha) around 10:30 someone knocked on my door and so I answered it and it was the girl who was driving me to the airport in only 9½ hours... she was in an accident and couldn’t drive me. I’m just so glad God kept her and her passengers safe, but WHAT WAS I GOING TO DO???? So I shut the door, calmed down and went on a search for a ride to the airport after about an hour of STRESS and searching I found a girl who was able to give me a ride, praise God! So I got to the airport Friday am to find out that my flight was delayed and I was cutting it close for my connection, then after waiting around the airport for an hour there was another announcement my flight was going to be even later! So in my mind I was thinking there was no way for me to make my connection in Calgary... turns out the man who told me I was cutting it close was CRAZY because even with it being another 40 min late I had an hour in the Calgary airport, why do they hire people like that??? Needless to say I made it home with no more big surprises.
Friday night I go to go to youth group with Heather, Krista and Brent... yes Brent is going to youth group now! It was pretty sweet we ate pizza, played Pictionary... my team was on fire... played some other frog related games (seeing that it was leap day) and made a team again rocked!

Saturday I got to hang out with Krista for the morning, we took a trip to Parksville and Coombs! Then came the exciting part of the day Karl’s 8th birthday party.... I’M NEVER HAVING A SON... Kaila came over and together we ran the games for the 6 boys that were there... If I heard the words weenie or poo one more time I could have shoot the boys (with the nurf gun of course). But over all it seemed to be successful. After all the boys were gone heather decided to make my day even better, since the boys weren’t enough torture, she got me, mom and Kaila help her cut out 250 treasure chest invitations and color 100+ of them.

Sunday was obviously church and we had an AGM for the church... I always pick the best times to go home!

Monday my mommy turned 39 (or something like that) so we went out for dinner at Boston Pizza and then I got to b-sit for the rents as they had Bible study.

The rest of the week was lots of hanging out with the fam, baking, a bit of school, sleeping, relaxing... and some hanging out with friends which included some Guitar Hero (man I’ve improved this year in that game) and 27 dresses (for the second time).

Now I’m in the airport waiting to go back to school to finish the 5 weeks of classes I have and then those dreaded finals.

No comments: